Digital Curriculum Sustainability Discussions
Attend for a Day of Discussion and a Deep-dive into the Next Stage of School Transformation
Schools are under tremendous pressure to transition to digital, and it's not from the inside. Learning Counsel is hosting a unique discussion for schools on institutional and classroom leadership. Trends and research set the tone for the day with the first briefing, and local leaders are asked to join to also share between workshops.
So much is happening in the digital transition that more and more schools are becoming aware that a redesign is imperative. What's important to undertake first? We'll hand out print Workbooks and a new Special Report for the day's Discussion.
- Leading -- Having a design for digital transition.
- Planning – Considering digital in learning mapping, user interface and user experience.
- Tech Directing – Data mapping, managing disparate Apps, and making it all work.
- Teaching – Discovering a tech balance and transparency.
Most school leaders need simplified leadership principles to manage the many new technologies spreading in classrooms. We encourage you to bring a team so that all staff can participate, network, and see a handful of 10-minute “show-and-discuss” moments about new sponsor offerings in things like social-emotional learning, single sign-on, software collections, and more.
What’s unique about these discussion events is they invariably bring up and tackle the tough questions about what’s happening inside the digital curriculum shift, and what that means for the actual teaching and learning.
The goal is to help every executive, principal, coach, instructional technology specialist and teacher through this challenging time in education transformation. During these one-day events we cover what “systems” are being used, the types of strategies and tactics and how to enhance the creative construction of digital learning resources between teachers, administrators and publishers.
The point of these free professional development days is to help all learners everywhere become more engaged in knowledge acquisition for life success.
New for 2019:
- Basic training on digital analytics.
- Latest leadership tactics for schools.
- Defining the “coding universe.”
- Copies of our latest special reports, including Designed for Digital.
- The new teacher roles in the future of education, including “Digital Learning Travel Planner”, “Data Analyst”, “Social-Emotional Leader”, “Experience Manager” and more.
- The new education market dynamics.
- See new technology from sponsor show-and-tell.
- Hear what other parts of the country are spending on digital curriculum.
- Cyber security and what other schools are doing with student data privacy.
- Administration level restructuring for digital.
- Gain an understanding of the top issues preventing digital adoptions now.
- See how the whole market has “flipped.”
- Get the facts on how laptops are outpacing tablets by user categories.
- Single sign on solutions and what other districts are doing about too many logins.
- The latest statistics and facts from the 2017 Learning Counsel survey.
- Becoming "Transparent".
- Social-Emotional Learning.
- Discovery Learning inside Learning Management Systems.
- Virtual Reality.
- Adaptive Digital Curriculum.
- Being "Extra-Limital" with students-from-home and freelance teachers online.
- Robotics & all STEM Subjects.
- Reorientation to being Designed for Digital.
- National Research on School Digital Transition Briefing.
- Workshop Discussions on Reorientation, Data Mapping, Learning Mapping, User Interface, User Experience, Analytics and Transparency.
- Education Leader Guest Speakers.
- New Tech Products.
- Hour of Peer Networking.
- Final Panel Discussion.
Do you Speak or Share?
Each event includes leading education speakers who share their successful digital transformation strategies or the pitfalls they have overcome. If you would like to be a guest speaker or present with a short “Share-to-Care” moment in the day, offering a workaround or tech tip of your own, register and check contribute as a speaker and we'll contact you.
Agenda: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
|Breakfast & Registration (Unless we start later in your city due to traffic – watch for our email after you register!)|
|Education Executive Guest Speaker|
|Show & Discuss|
|Table Discussions on Specific Topics|
|National Digital Curriculum Survey Market Research Briefing on Tech Transition in Schools|
|Design for Digital Principles & How to Self-Assess Your Institution or Teaching|
|Lunch Served and Sharp Tank Video Showing|
|Design for Digital Table Discussion|
|Educator Panel & Whole Group Discussion|
|Optional Stay to Learn about EduJedi or Network|
“Attending a Learning Counsel event is a good opportunity to create or stretch a vision, is a good opportunity to develop strategies to implement a 1:1 initiative, is a good opportunity to learn about resources and is a good opportunity to network with vendors. It becomes a great opportunity when school districts come in teams because in addition to the information presented, your team spends the day collaborating and idea sharing which truly develops a shared responsibility of creating a digitally enhanced educational environment that improves instruction and learning.”
- Eric Godfrey, Superintendent,
Buckeye Union High School District, Phoenix, AZ
“I appreciate the lens on innovation, looking at data driving that process and thinking about the capacity for that in the education arena from the classroom to administration.”
- Gil Anspacher
Technology Director, Corvallis School District
Digital Transition Discussion - Portland 2018